SOE News Briefs: Teacher Education News

September 24, 2017

Teacher-Education Grad Placement

The School of Education tracked teacher-education students who graduated in May or August 2017 and found that, by the end of August, 97.5 percent were employed or enrolled in graduate school. The other 2.5 percent chose to travel abroad after participating in the SOE study-abroad program.

Teacher-Education Grad Placement


100% pass rate

For the third year in a row, School of Education teacher-education graduates reached a 100 percent pass rate on the Texas teacher certification exams. The current rate reflects tests taken by the School’s teacher-education students who graduated in the 2015-16 academic year, including those majoring in elementary education, middle grades or secondary education, and all-level programs in special education and Spanish. Each student seeking initial teacher certification in Texas must take at least two tests, plus any supplemental certification tests.

Impact LLC name change

Impact LLC students

The School of Education’s Living-Learning Center in South Russell Hall changed its name to the Impact Living-Learning Center (LLC) to better reflect its appeal to Baylor students of all majors who share a belief in the power of transformative education.

Impact LLC continues to provide a special home for teacher-education students; 60 of the hall’s 222 residents this year are education majors. The LLC provides 40 scholarships for students in leadership and service roles.